Wednesday, October 01, 2008


Running Shoes 26.2

In July of this year I made the decision to stop slacking and focus seriously on my art. I had to draw or paint every day no matter how tired I was or how much work I had. Yes, it is true at the beginning it was hard since there was always distractions. But I didn’t give up. I kept doing it and what it started as a 20 minute per day grew to 40minute, to an hour, to 4 hours, to a daily event. I am painting and drawing each day. It is just flowing.

Above is my latest painting. It is call 26.2. It is an acrylic painting 18x20 inches. I like to run long distance and my shoes have seen lots of races. I use them almost every day to run when I am training for a race and if they could talk they will tell you about all the miles I run, with whom I run, what are my running parters and I chats about and how many water and pee stops we have done while we run. I supposed I see my running shoes as my brushes which help me mark the canvas of my runs. Now I wonder how many miles of paper or canvas I will need to have to to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding The Beauty On The Mundane

It was a rainy fall day in Florida. I was working on a portrait commission at my home studio with the patio door open, listening to the rain...